The cookies used on this website are as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. For example, authentication and security cookies are used to identify and recognize registered users and to enable them to gain access to requested content or features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow our websites to remember the choices you make and your account preferences and to provide enhanced, more personal features. For example, these cookies will remember your log-in details.
- Performance cookies. These are analytics and research cookies that allow us to collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. This helps us to improve the way the website works and allows us to test different ideas on the site.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Please note that the cookies and other technologies may change over time.
See a table explaining the performance and targeting cookies from our suppliers and their purpose
|Web Server||JSESSIONID||Cookie set by the server to provide functionality throughout your session on the site.|
|DorlandsOnline.com||planid||This cookie stores the id for the subscription plan selected.|
|DorlandsOnline.com||planname||This cookie stores the information of the subscription plan selected before making the purchase.|
|DorlandsOnline.com||price||This cookie stores the price for the subscription plan selected. This is used just to display the value on the UI.|
|DorlandsOnline.com||isCartEmpty||This cookie carries information whether the user's shopping cart is empty.|
|DorlandsOnline.com||isCheckout||This cookie carries information the user's shopping cart.|
|DorlandsOnline.com||username||Cookie set by the server to provide functionality throughout your session on the site.|
|DorlandsOnline.com||remember||This cookie remembers a visitor's sign in information and signs them in automatically when they return.|
The table below explains the web analytics cookies set by these sites and their purpose.
|Service||Cookie Name||Purpose||More Info|
|Google Analytics with Display Advertising, Google Remarketing and Google DoubleClick||Cookies which names _ga, _gat, _gid, IDE and begin with _ut||These web analytics cookies, provided by Google Inc., are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. In addition we use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Google DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website and report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site||See Cookies Set by Google Analytics and Google
Analytics Privacy Overview.
To find out about DoubleClick cookies and how to control those cookies, go to http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/.
If you do not wish to allow the use of Google Analytics for advertising, you can opt out using the Google Ad Settings: https://www.google.com/settings/ads. If you do not wish to allow the use of Google Analytics cookies at all, Google provides an opt-out plug-in for most common website browsers at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
|Adobe Analytics||Cookie Names:
s_cc (determines if cookies are enabled (simply set to "True"))
s_sq (contains information about the previous link that was clicked on by the user)
s_vi (Unique visitor ID time/date stamp)
s_fid (Fallback unique visitor ID time/date stamp)
|Optimizely||Cookies starts with Optimizely (e.g. optimizelyBuckets, optimizelyEndUserId, optimizelyPendingLogEvents, optimizelySegments)||These cookies, provided by Optimizely Inc., are used to provide an A/B testing framework that helps us to experiment with new features on our site and analyse how those features are performing.||See https://www.optimizely.com/opt_out/|
|Cloud Flare||_cfuid||Cookie set by the CloudFlare service to identify trusted web traffic||See https://www.cloudflare.com/cookie-policy/|
How to Enable Cookies
Steps to enable cookies differ with the different browsers. Click on your browser to follow the steps:.
You can prevent your browser from accepting certain cookies, have the browser require your consent before a new cookie is placed in your browser, or block cookies altogether by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser privacy preferences menu. To avoid receiving cookies on the browser of your mobile device, you will need to refer to its user manual. For information on how to opt-out of cookies set by our suppliers, please visit the applicable links listed in the table above.
The links below will help you find the settings for some common browsers:
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookie settings in Opera
To clear your cache and cookies
Sometimes you might encounter an intermittent error. It may also appear as odd functionality that your colleagues cannot replicate, or you yourself only see on one computer, or even one browser and not another on the same computer. In these instances, it is likely an issue with the browser cache and cookies. It is advisable in these cases to clear your browser cache and cookies. Once you have done that, close and reopen the browser and start a new session to see if the functionality has resolved. If not, please do not hesitate to contact our support teams.
Click the link for your browser below to find instructions on how to clear the cache and all your cookies: